Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We have an opening in the Computation Directorate for a faculty member or teacher to engage in a collaborative research and work-study assignment of mutual interest to further their teaching or research goals. Opportunities include providing technical and/or research to projects in the areas of computational science, cyber defense, computer science, numerical methods, mathematics, or other related fields. The position is in residence at LLNL for the summer.
- Faculty members will work with scientists, engineers, and technical staff to provide technical and/or research support to projects in the areas of computational science, numerical methods, mathematics, or other related fields.
- Under limited direction, will participate in research in assigned areas
- Gather and analyze the data and information in support of scientific research.
- Participate in research planning and evaluation discussions.
- Participate in activities as appropriate to provide exposure to the Laboratory (SEEP)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a continuing faculty or teacher affiliated at an accredited institution.
- Experience applying complex computational science and/or mathematical principles to solve techical problems
- Ability to present and communicate concepts and ideas in a clear manner.
- Experience working with personal computers and familiarity with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: None.
Note: This is a Temporary Faculty Scholar appointment with the possibility of extension. This assignment is typically a full-time position during the summer academic break.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.5 billion, employing approximately 6,000 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Joining our Talent Network will enhance your job search process.
Find out about future opportunities by registering your details with us.
Just upload your resume and complete a few simple questions about the type of position you are looking for. Once your profile is complete, our recruiting team will be able to match you to suitable roles.
We look forward to staying connected with you!